It’s been a busy spring with lots of fun book events.
- Tucson Festival of Books with Tucson Sisters in Crime and Arizona Mystery Writers;
- Left Coast Crime in Tucson and speaking on a “Journalism” panel;
- speaking to more than 200 people at Books & Lunch in Goodyear;
- a writing retreat with a Los Angeles writer friend;
- speaking on a panel discussion about the Los Angeles chapter of Sisters in Crime about their new anthology, “Entertainment to Die For;”
- Mesa Book Crawl;
- book signing at d’Vine Gourmet in downtown Chandler with Margaret Morse
I also managed to work in a pop-up store in LA for an online tall shop (Tall Size took over an empty store on Melrose for a weekend so we could try on new tall clothes!); be a white glover at the Arizona Quilters Guild annual show (which means I wore white gloves and turned over quilts so people could see the back sides); and took two serger classes, one to make leggings and the other a serger mastery class (don’t know that I’ll ever master that machine!)
All while dealing with inflamed L4 and L5 discs in my back, physical therapy, meds, xrays, an MRI and lots of doctor’s appointments.
Thank goodness with summer nearly here it’s a little slower. Time to rest, sit by the pool, get my taxes done and relax a bit.
But if you want to get out of the heat, I will be taking part in the Payson Authors & Artists Festival on Sat., July 15 from 9 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. where Payson Book Fest is joining with Rim Country Artists who will have an art exhibit in addition to the main room filled with book vendors, like me! Come get out of the heat and meet a lot of authors in a short amount of time. Mazatzal Hotel & Casino Ballroom. www.PaysonBookFestival.org
And a little closer to home, on Sat., Oct 21 from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. I’ll be part of the Desert Foothills Book Festival where more than 60 authors will be at The Holland Center, 34250 N 60th Street in Scottsdale, AZ 85266 for a day of fun. https://desertfoothillsbookfestival.com/
Here’s wishing you a laid-back summer!
Leave A Comment